MUSLIM MEDIA WATCH GROUP OF NIGERIA
ARTICLE 1: NAME.
This ORGANIZATION shall be known and called “MUSLIM MEDIA WATCH GROUP OF NIGERIA”.
ARTICLE 2: INCORPORATION AND REGISTERED OFFICE ADDRESS
MUSLIM MEDIA WATCH GROUP OF NIGERIA shall be incorporated under the laws of Federal Republic of Nigeria and its own office shall be situated in Nigeria.
ARTICLE 3: AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To promote quality broadcast in media Organization all over the country.
- To encourage fair-play, justice and equity in airing of religious programmes in the electronic media and equal space in the print media.
- To ensure transparent balancing in news-coverage among all faiths practiced in the country; so as to maintain equity and justice.
- To assist media Organization in the country to perform efficiently and effectively with a view to promote religious peace and harmony.
- To discourage the use of obscene materials in the electronic and print Media; so as to increase moral values of our youths in particular and the entire people of the Country in general.
- To discourage provocative/abusive sermons that could lead to religious conflicts.
- To ensure that media Organization conform with the rules and regulations of the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) to avoid conflict among ethnic, religious and other groups in the Country.
- To correct misrepresentation of Islam and Muslims in any of the Media Organization by putting-in the correct, accurate and true picture of the issues at stake in the right perspectives for the benefit of viewers and readers.
- To partner with any Organization, Agency or Group that shares the aspirations of the Organization.
- To assist Federal, States and Local Governments in the Country in disseminating information that would have overall benefits to the Muslims in particular and the citizens of the Country in general.
- To partner with individuals and Associations in presentation and sponsorship of Islamic programmes on the electronic media all over the Country.
ARTICLE 4: THE TRUSTEES
The trustee of MUSLIM MEDIA WATCH GROUP OF NIGERIAfor the purpose of the Company and Allied Matter Acts 1990, No. 1 part C, shall be appointed at General Meeting by two third majority votes in number such Trustees (hereinafter referred to as “Trustee”) shall not be less than two (2) and not more than ten (10) in number.
Trustee may hold office for life and shall cease to hold office if he/she:
- Resigns his/her office.
- Become insane.
- Is officially declared bankrupt.
Upon vacancy occurring in the number of Trustees, a General Meeting of all members present will be held to appoint another eligible person(s) into the Board of Trustees of the Association.
ARTICLE 5: COMMON SEAL
The Trustee of the MUSLIM MEDIA WATCH GROUP OF NIGERIA shall have a common seal; such a seal shall be kept in the custody of the National Secretary who shall produce it when required for use by the Trustees. All documents to be executed by the Trustees shall be signed by the National President and the National Secretary and sealed with the Common Seal.
ARTICLE 6: MEETINGS
For the purpose of effective administration of the ASSOCIATION there shall be the following meeting.
- Executive Committee meetings.
- Annual General Assembly
- Emergency Meeting or Special Committee Meeting.
- Annual general assembly:
The Annual General Assembly shall be held once in a year at the registered office of the Association or such other Venues, as the Executive Committee shall decide.
- Executive committee meeting:
The Executive Committee Meeting shall be held on the specific day on every month as prescribed by the Executives at registered office of the Association.
- Emergency meeting:
Emergency Meeting of the Executive Committee or General Assembly shall be convened at such time and place at the need arises.
- Summoning of the meeting:
The meeting of the Association shall be summoned by the National Secretary At the instance of the National President and notices of the meetings shall be duly served on every member.
No meeting of the Association shall be valid except a quorum is formed.
- At Board of Trustees meeting, two-third of the members shall form the Quorum.
- At National Executive Committee Meeting two-third of the members shall form the Quorum.
- At Annual General Meeting one-third of members shall form the Quorum.
ARTICLE 7: GOVERNING BODY
The Governing Body shall comprise of all the officers of the Organization as enumerated below and any other member that may be elected by the MUSLIM MEDIA WATCH GROUP OF NIGERIA. The Committee shall be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Association.
- National President.
- Deputy National President.
- National Secretary.
- Assistant National Secretary.
- National Publicity Secretary.
- National Financial Secretary.
- National Treasurer.
- National Auditor.
- ICT Officer
- 2(Two) Ex-Officio Members.
The National President is the chief executive of the Organization. He directs the affairs of the Association. He is empowered to take decisions on behalf of the Organization.
His duties are:
- He/she shall preside over the General Assembly and National Executive meetings of the Organization.
- He/she shall countersign all the payment vouchers of the Organization.
- He/she shall be
- None of the signatory to the account of the Organization.
- He/she shall have the right to postpone a meeting where misunderstanding concerning interpretation of the constitution, disturbance of peace and tranquility of the congress meeting till a time when peaceful and orderly atmosphere shall prevail.
- He/she shall bespoke-person of the Organization.
- He/she shall exercise such power as may be vested on him by the National Executive Council and the Congress respectively.
DEPUTY NATIONAL PRESIDENT:
Shall assist National President in carrying out all the official responsibilities stated above.
- He/she shall be the Custodian of the Organization’s property.
- He/she shall summon all the meetings at the instance of the National President and record proceeding of such meetings.
- He/she shall countersign the Minutes of Meetings after the signing of the National President and adopted by the congress.
- All correspondences shall be to the National Secretary.
- He/she shall keep all records of the Organization.
ASSISTANT NATIONAL SECRETARY:
Shall the National Secretary in carrying out all the official duties and responsibilities stated above.
NATIONAL PUBLICITY SECRETARY:
Shall be responsible for keeping all the records of the activities of the Organization and make them public as directed by the president. He is the Liaison Officer between the Organization and all Media Organization in the country. He must be a practising Journalist/Mass Communicator.
NATIONAL FINANCIAL SECRETARY:
Shall be responsible for keeping all the books of account of the Organization.
Shall be responsible for maintenance of the accounts of the Organization.
Shall responsible for digital activities as may be directed by the National President and National Secretary.
ARTICLE 8: TENURE OF THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
There shall be 3 year’s tenure for the Executive Members which is renewable for another 3 year’s only.
ARTICLE 9: APPOINTMENT OF LIFE PATRONS AND MATRONS
There should be Patrons and Matrons for the Organization appointable at the Annual General Assembly (AGA) based on their commitment to the values and virtues of the Organization. The appointment shall be for life.
ARTICLE 10: SOURCE OF FUND
For the purpose raising and generating funds and other resources (in cash or in kind) for the realization of its aim and objectives, the Organization may:-
- Accept donations (whether cash and/or kind) from members or individuals, Corporate Bodies, Governmental Agencies Associations and Organization s in Nigeria.
- Receive grants or financial assistance from Individuals, Trustees, Organizations, Other Charitable and Philanthropic Organization s in Nigeria and in diaspora.
- Organize Public Seminars, Symposia, Lectures and Workshop on Topical National Issues and Inviting Speaker’s Notable and Exemplary Achievers within Nigeria or elsewhere to participate in the programmes.
ARTICLE 11: FINANCIAL MATTERS
- The Organization shall be funded from donations by persons, Organization s, Local or International with similar objectives and from fees ad subscriptions realized from its generated income.
- Bank accounts: the Organization shall open an account or accounts in any reputable bank or banks and the signatories to the accounts(s) shall be that of the National President, National Secretary/National Treasurer provided any ofthe two signatories shall be sufficient for the for the withdrawal from the account at any given time.
- Annual dues: State Branches of the Organization shall pay annual dues to the coffers of the Organization as may be approved at the Annual General Assembly of the body. Membership dues shall also be paid by members of the Association at the State Level to State Branches.
ARTICLE 12: APPOINTMENTOF EXTERNAL AUDITOR
External Auditor shall be appointed at general assembly of the MUSLIM MEDIA WATCH GROUP OF NIGERIA to audit the accounts of the Organization together with the in-house auditors annually as may be requested by the trustees or the Annual General Assembly (AGA); the audited report shall be submitted to the General Assembly of the Organization.
ARTICLE 13: AMMENDMENT
This constitution may be amended by two-third majority votes of members of the Organization present and voting at the Annual General Assembly (AGA) and this must be subject to the approval of the Registrar General of the Corporate Affairs Commission.
ARTICLE 14: SPECIAL CLAUSE
The income and property of MUSLIM MEDIA WATCH GROUP OF NIGERIA whatsoever derived shall be applied sole towards the promotion of the objects of the Organization as set forth in the rules and regulations by the constitution; and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly, by way of dividend, bonus or otherwise however by way of profit, to the members of MUSLIM MEDIA WATCH GROUP OF NIGERIA.
- Provided that nothing herein shall prevent the payment, in good faith, of reasonable and proper remuneration to any officer or servant of the Organization in return for any service actually rendered to the Organization but so that no member of the council or governing body shall be appointed to any salary office of the Organization or any office of the Organization paid by fees, and that no remuneration or other benefit in money(s) shall be given to Organization to any member of such Council or Governing Body except refund of out-of-pocket expenses or reasonable and proper rent for premises let to the Organization may be company in which such member not hold more to than one-hundredth of the capital, and such member shall not be bound to account for any share or profits he may receive of any such payment.
- NO ADDITION, alteration or amendment shall be made to or in the regulation/constitution for the time being in force, unless the same have been previously submitted to and approved by the registrar general.
- In the event of a winding up or dissolution of the Organization and there remains after the satisfaction of all its debt and liabilities, any property whatsoever , the same shall not be add to or distributed among the members of the Organization but shall be given or transferred to some other institutions having object similar to the objectives of Organization and the body or bodies are prohibited from disturbing it’s or their members to an extent at least as great as is imposed on the Muslim Media Watch Group Of Nigeria under or by virtue of the special clause hereof, such institution or aforesaid provision by the members of Muslim Media Watch Group Of Nigeria cannot be given to the aforesaid provision than to some charitable objects.